NHL betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Game Info, Moneyline and Over/Under
|Hurricanes||-1.5 (+218)||O 5.5 (+110)||-116|
|Devils||+1.5 (-277)||U 5.5 (-140)||-105|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Hurricanes vs. Devils, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
- When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: TNT, SportsNet, and TVAS
- Where: PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina
Game 2 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round at PNC Arena on Friday, May 5 features the Carolina Hurricanes and the New Jersey Devils meeting at 8:00 PM ET on TNT, SportsNet, and TVAS. The Hurricanes are ahead in the series 1-0. The Hurricanes are listed with -116 odds on the moneyline against the Devils (-105).
During the past 10 outings for the Hurricanes (7-3-0), their offense has scored 33 goals while their defense has conceded 23 goals. They have recorded 38 power-play opportunities during that time, and have scored six goals (15.8%). The Devils have a 6-4-0 record over their last 10 contests. They have totaled 29 goals while conceding 26 in that time. On the power play, 30 opportunities have resulted in five goals (16.7% success rate).
Hurricanes vs. Devils 2022-23 Key Stats
- The Hurricanes’ 262 total goals (3.2 per game) make them the 15th-ranked scoring team in the NHL.
- The Hurricanes have conceded 210 total goals (2.6 per game), the second-fewest in league play.
- Their goal differential (+52) makes them seventh-best in the league.
- The 50 power-play goals the Hurricanes have scored this season (to rank 18th in the NHL) have come on 253 power-play chances.
- The Devils’ 289 goals on the season (3.5 per game) rank them fourth in the league.
- The Devils’ total of 222 goals conceded (2.7 per game) is eighth in the league.
- They have the third-best goal differential in the league at +67.
- The Devils have 49 power-play goals (on 224 chances), 20th in the NHL.
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
Hurricanes vs. Devils Betting The Puck Line & Moneyline
- Carolina and its opponent have gone over 5.5 combined goals in 26 of 51 games this season.
- New Jersey’s games this season have had more than 5.5 goals 35 of 50 times.
- These teams rack up 6.7 goals per match between them, 1.2 more than this game’s total.
- Opponents of these two teams average 5.3 goals per game combined, 0.2 fewer than this match’s total.
- The Hurricanes have gone 27-14 when favored on the moneyline this season.
- The Devils have won six of the 10 games they have played as an underdog this season.
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -116 or shorter, Carolina has a 27-14 record (winning 65.9% of its games).
- New Jersey is 6-4 this season when entering a game as the underdog by -105 or more on the moneyline.
Hurricanes Key Players
- One of Carolina’s leading offensives player this season is Martin Necas, who has 71 points (28 goals, 43 assists) and plays an average of 18:24 per game.
- Sebastian Aho is another top contributor for Carolina with 68 points (0.9 per game), scoring 36 goals and adding 32 assists.
- Brent Burns has 18 goals and 42 assists for Carolina.
- Frederik Andersen has a record of 21-11-1. He has allowed 82 goals (2.48 goals against average) and recorded 766 saves.
Devils Key Players
- Jack Hughes’ 43 goals and 56 assists in 78 games for New Jersey add up to 99 total points on the season.
- Nico Hischier has scored 80 total points (one per game) this campaign. He has 31 goals and 49 assists.
- Dougie Hamilton is a crucial player on offense for New Jersey with 22 goals and 53 assists.
- Vitek Vanecek has a .911 save percentage (15th in the league), with 1214 total saves, allowing 119 goals (2.4 goals against average). He has compiled a 33-11-4 record this season.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering NHL fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!