NHL betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Game Info, Moneyline and Over/Under
|Hurricanes||-1.5 (+193)||O 5.5 (-133)||-129|
|Devils||+1.5 (-243)||U 5.5 (+105)||+106|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Hurricanes vs. Devils, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
- When: Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: TNT, SportsNet, CBC, and TVAS
- Where: PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina
Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round at PNC Arena on Thursday, May 11 features the Carolina Hurricanes and the New Jersey Devils meeting at 7:00 PM ET on TNT, SportsNet, CBC, and TVAS. The Hurricanes are ahead in the series 3-1. Bookmakers favor the Hurricanes in this decisive matchup, listing them -129 odds on the moneyline against the Devils (+106).
Over the last 10 outings for the Hurricanes (7-3-0), their offense has totaled 37 goals while their defense has given up 25 goals. They have registered 35 power-play opportunities during that time, and have scored six goals (17.1%). The Devils have a 5-5-0 record over their last 10 contests. They have totaled 27 goals while giving up 32 in that time. On the power play, 31 opportunities have resulted in five goals (16.1% success rate).
Hurricanes vs. Devils 2022-23 Key Stats
- The Hurricanes’ 262 total goals (3.2 per game) make them the 15th-ranked scoring team in the league.
- Defensively, the Hurricanes are one of the stingiest units in NHL play, giving up 210 total goals (2.6 per game) to rank second.
- They have the league’s seventh-best goal differential at +52.
- The 50 power-play goals the Hurricanes have put up this season (on 253 power-play chances) rank 18th in the NHL.
- The Devils’ 289 goals on the season (3.5 per game) rank them fourth in the league.
- The Devils have one of the top defenses in the league, conceding 222 total goals (2.7 per game), eighth in the league.
- They have the third-best goal differential in the league at +67.
- The Devils have 49 power-play goals (on 224 chances), 20th in the NHL.
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Result|
Hurricanes vs. Devils Betting The Puck Line & Moneyline
- In 29 of 54 games this season, Carolina and its opponent have combined to finish above 5.5 goals.
- New Jersey’s games this season have had more than 5.5 goals 38 of 53 times.
- These two teams combine to score 6.7 goals per matchup, 1.2 more than this game’s over/under.
- Combined, these two team give up 5.3 goals per game, 0.2 fewer than this match’s total.
- The Hurricanes have won 66.7% of their games this season when they’ve been a moneyline favorite (28-14).
- This season the Devils have been an underdog 11 times, and won six, or 54.5%, of those games.
- When it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -129 or shorter, Carolina has a 25-14 record (winning 64.1% of its games).
- New Jersey is 4-2 this season when entering a game as an underdog by +106 or more on the moneyline.
Hurricanes Key Players
- Martin Necas has been a top contributor on Carolina this season, with 71 points in 82 games.
- Through 75 games, Sebastian Aho has 36 goals and 32 assists.
- Brent Burns has scored 18 goals and added 42 assists through 82 games for Carolina.
- Frederik Andersen has a record of 21-11-1. He has conceded 82 goals (2.5 goals against average) and recorded 766 saves with a .903 save percentage (24th in the league).
Devils Key Players
- Jack Hughes has scored 43 goals (0.6 per game) and dished out 56 assists (0.7 per game), fueling the New Jersey offense with 99 total points (1.3 per game). He averages 4.3 shots per game, shooting 12.8%.
- Nico Hischier has amassed 80 points this season, with 31 goals and 49 assists.
- Dougie Hamilton has 75 points so far, including 22 goals and 53 assists.
- Vitek Vanecek is 33-11-4 on the season, allowing 119 goals (2.4 goals against average) and compiling 1214 saves with a .911 save percentage (15th in the league).
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering NHL fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!