Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Magdalena Frech vs. Jelena Ostapenko Match Information
- Tournament: The Viking Classic Birmingham
- Round: Quarterfinals
- Date: Friday, June 23
- Venue: Edgbaston Priory Club
- Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Court Surface: Grass
|Jelena Ostapenko (-320)||Magdalena Frech (+245)|
On Friday, Magdalena Frech (No. 72 in the world) meets Jelena Ostapenko (No. 17) in the quarterfinals of the Viking Classic Birmingham.
Frech vs. Ostapenko Matchup History
- In the past five years, this is the first occasion on which Frech and Ostapenko have matched up against each other.
- Frech is averaging 22.2 games per match through her 32 matches played this year (across all court surfaces), with a 52.7% game winning percentage.
- Frech averages 25.3 games per match and 9.5 games per set through three matches on grass courts this year.
- Frech has a 65% service game winning percentage and a 38.5% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (115 service games won out of 177, and 69 return games won out of 179).
- While playing on grass, Frech has a 78.9% winning percentage in service games and a 31.6% winning percentage in return games (30 service games won out of 38, and 12 return games won out of 38 on grass).
- Frech is 68-for-139 on break points (48.9%) to rank 145th.
- On grass, Frech ranks 63rd in break point win percentage (37.5%) after going 12-for-32.
Frech Recent Performances
- In the Round of 16 on Thursday, Frech defeated No. 38-ranked Sorana Cirstea, 6-3, 6-7, 6-4.
- Frech was eliminated by Jodie Anna Burrage short of the final (2-6, 6-3, 5-7) on June 16 in the quarterfinals of her previous tournament, the Viking Open Nottingham.
- Frech played an average of 25.3 games in her three matches in Nottingham.
- Frech won 30 of 38 service games (78.9%) in United Kingdom along with 12 of 38 return games (31.6%).
- Ostapenko has played 29 matches so far this year, and 21.4 games per match across all court types.
- Thus far this year, Ostapenko has won 68.5% of her service games and 39.9% of her return games.
- Including all surfaces, Ostapenko has converted 45.7% of her break-point opportunities (121 of 265).
Ostapenko Recent Performances
- Ostapenko is coming off a 6-3, 5-7, 6-3 victory over Venus Williams in the Round of 16 on Thursday.
- Ostapenko was defeated by Peyton Stearns (3-6, 6-1, 2-6) on May 31 in the round of 64s of the French Open (her last tournament).
- In her two matches in Paris, Ostapenko played an average of 22.5 games per match.
- Ostapenko clinched 60.9% of her service games (14 of 23) in France along with 45.5% of her return games (10 of 22).