Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Mai Hontama vs. Su Jeong Jang Match Information
- Tournament: The WTA Osaka, Japan Women Singles 2023
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Monday, September 11
- Venue: Utsubo Tennis Center
- Location: Osaka, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Su Jeong Jang (-115)||Mai Hontama (-105)|
In the Round of 32 of the WTA Osaka, Japan Women Singles 2023 on Monday, Su Jeong Jang (ranked No. 155) takes on Mai Hontama (No. 176).
Hontama vs. Jang Matchup History
- In the one match between Hontama and Jang in the past five years, in the Round of 16 of the 2018 Australian Open Asia-Pacific Wildcard Playoff Women Singles, Jang won 6-1, 6-2.
- In two total sets versus each other, Jang has won two, and Hontama zero.
- In 15 total games against one another, Jang has taken 12, and Hontama three.
- Jang and Hontama have played each other one time, averaging 15 games and two sets per match.
- Hontama has played 22.7 games per match in her 11 matches over the past year across all court types.
- On hard courts, Hontama has played five matches over the past year, and she has totaled 19.4 games per match while winning 42.3% of games.
- Hontama has won 50.6% of her return games and 44% of her service games over the past year.
- On hard courts, Hontama, over the past year, has been victorious in 38.3% of her service games and 46% of her return games.
Hontama Recent Performances
- In her previous tournament, the US Open, Hontama went down in the qualification round 2 to No. 206-ranked Arianne Hartono, 4-6, 3-6 on August 24.
- Hontama averaged 22 games per match in New York in two matches.
- Hontama’s service-game winning percentage in United States was 45.5%, and she won 50% on her opponent’s serve.
- In the past year Jang has competed in 12 matches (including all court surfaces), winning 46.8% of the games. She has averaged 23.3 games per match and 10 games per set.
- Jang is averaging 23.5 games per match and 10.2 games per set in 10 matches in the past 12 months on hard courts.
- Jang has a 57.1% service game winning percentage on all surfaces (56 of 98 games) and a 37.6% return game winning percentage (38 of 101).
- Jang is 43-for-76 on serve playing on hard courts (56.6%) and 32-for-78 on return (41%).
Jang Recent Performances
- Jang lost to No. 363-ranked McCartney Kessler 2-6, 4-6 in the qualification round 2 of her most recent tournament, the US Open, on August 25.
- Jang played two matches in New York, and she averaged 19 games per match.
- Jang’s service-game winning percentage was 55.6% in United States, and she was victorious in 45% of her games on her opponent’s serve.