Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Tatjana Maria vs. Liudmila Samsonova Match Information
- Tournament: The WTA Tokyo, Japan Women Singles 2023
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Sunday, September 24
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Liudmila Samsonova (-300)||Tatjana Maria (+235)|
In the Round of 32 of the WTA Tokyo, Japan Women Singles 2023 on Sunday, Liudmila Samsonova (ranked No. 17) takes on Tatjana Maria (No. 48).
Maria vs. Samsonova Matchup History
- In the past five years, this is the first occasion on which Maria and Samsonova have matched up against each other.
- Maria has averaged 20.8 games per match through her 44 matches played so far this year (across all court types), while winning 52.1% of games.
- In 25 matches on hard courts this year, Maria averages 19.6 games per match and 8.7 games per set with a 53.2% game winning percentage.
- Maria has a 65% service game winning percentage and a 38.6% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (303 service games won out of 466, and 173 return games won out of 448).
- Maria has a 64.8% winning percentage in service games while playing on hard courts, and a 41% winning percentage in return games (162 of 250 service games, and 98 of 239 return games).
- Maria’s 48.6% break point winning percentage (168-for-346) is 171st this year.
- Maria’s 96 break points won on 206 total break points on hard courts (46.6% winning percentage) ranks 154th.
Maria Recent Performances
- In her previous tournament (the WTA Guangzhou, China Women Singles 2023), Maria made a run before losing to Yulia Putintseva in the quarterfinals 4-6, 7-6, 0-6 on September 21.
- Maria played an average of 19.7 games in her three matches in Guangzhou.
- Maria won 24 of 30 service games (80%) in China along with 11 of 29 return games (37.9%).
- Samsonova has played 21.6 games per match in her 45 matches so far this year across all court types.
- Samsonova has played 21.2 games per match in her 29 matches on hard courts this year.
- Thus far this year, Samsonova has won 32.1% of her return games and 73.1% of her service games.
- Samsonova has won 30.2% of her return games on hard courts, and 74.6% of her service games.
- Samsonova has converted 44.8% of her break-point opportunities overall (150 of 335).
- Samsonova has converted 89 of 193 break points on hard courts (46.1%), and is 160th in break points won.
Samsonova Recent Performances
- In the round of 32s of the US Open (her most recent tournament), Samsonova was eliminated by Madison Keys 7-5, 2-6, 2-6 on September 2.
- In her three matches in New York, Samsonova played an average of 22.7 games per match.
- Samsonova was victorious in 82.4% of her service games and 23.5% of her return games while playing in United States.