Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Elise Mertens vs. Cori Gauff Match Information
- Tournament: The US Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Friday, September 1
- Venue: USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center
- Location: New York, New York
- Court Surface: Hard
|Cori Gauff (-650)||Elise Mertens (+450)|
On Friday, Elise Mertens (No. 32 in the world) takes on Cori Gauff (No. 6) in the Round of 32 of the US Open.
Mertens vs. Gauff Matchup History
- Gauff and Mertens have played two times in the past five years and Gauff is 2-0, including a 6-4, 6-0 win for Gauff at the French Open on May 29, 2022 (their most recent meeting).
- In five total sets against each other, Gauff has won four, and Mertens one.
- Gauff has won 26 games against Mertens (55.3%), while Mertens has won 21.
- Mertens and Gauff have faced off two times, averaging 23.5 games and 2.5 sets per match.
- Mertens is averaging 21.2 games per match through her 35 matches played this year (across all court types), with a 52.8% game winning percentage.
- Mertens averages 20.4 games per match and 8.8 games per set through 23 matches on hard courts this year, with a 52.2% game winning percentage.
- Mertens has a 62.7% service game winning percentage on all surfaces (210 service games won out of 335) and a 41.0% return game winning percentage (141 return games won out of 344).
- Mertens has 128 wins in 200 service games on hard courts (a winning percentage of 64.0%), and 76 wins in 206 return games (36.9%).
- Mertens’ 47.4% break point winning percentage (137-for-289) ranks 149th this year.
- Mertens’ 75 break points won on 168 total break points on hard courts (44.6% winning percentage) ranks 118th.
Mertens Recent Performances
- Mertens defeated No. 34-ranked Danielle Collins 3-6, 7-6, 6-1 on Wednesday to make the Round of 32.
- In her most recent tournament (the Western & Southern Open), Mertens was eliminated by Marie Bouzkova 2-6, 6-4, 1-6 on August 16, in the round of 32.
- There were 26 games, on average, in Mertens’ two matches in Cincinnati.
- Mertens won 53.8% of her service games and 38.5% of her return games in Cincinnati.
- Gauff has played 46 matches this year (winning 56.9% of games across all court surfaces), and 19.4 games per match.
- In her 28 matches on hard courts so far this year, Gauff has played an average of 19.2 games.
- Gauff has won 72.9% of her service games so far this year, and 40.5% of her return games.
- Gauff has won 41.2% of her return games on hard courts, and 75.6% of her service games.
- Gauff has converted 47.3% of her break-point chances overall (174 of 368).
- Including hard courts only, Gauff has converted 48.2% of her break-point chances (106 of 220).
Gauff Recent Performances
- In the Round of 64 on Wednesday, Gauff beat No. 63-ranked Mirra Andreeva, 6-3, 6-2.
- Gauff was victorious in her most recent tournament (the Western & Southern Open) on August 20, taking down No. 17-ranked Karolina Muchova 6-3, 6-4 in the final.
- Gauff’s five matches in Cincinnati included an average of 20 games per match.
- Gauff’s service-game winning percentage was 72% in United States, and she won 56% of her games on her opponent’s serve.