Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Jelena Ostapenko vs. Liudmila Samsonova Match Information
- Tournament: The China Open
- Round: Quarterfinals
- Date: Thursday, October 5
- Venue: National Tennis Center
- Location: Beijing, China
- Court Surface: Hard
|Liudmila Samsonova (-125)||Jelena Ostapenko (+100)|
On Thursday, Jelena Ostapenko (No. 17 in the world) faces Liudmila Samsonova (No. 22) in the quarterfinals of the China Open.
Ostapenko vs. Samsonova Matchup History
- Ostapenko and Samsonova are 1-1 versus each other. Samsonova won their previous meeting on April 29, 2023, 6-2, 6-0.
- Ostapenko and Samsonova have each taken two of four sets against the other.
- Samsonova has won more against Ostapenko in 34 total games between them, 19 (55.9%) compared to Ostapenko’s 15.
- Samsonova and Ostapenko have played each other two times, averaging 17 games and two sets per match.
- So far this year across all court surfaces, Ostapenko has competed in 54 total matches with a 54.7% game winning percentage. She averages 22.6 games per match and 9.3 games per set.
- Ostapenko averages 22.7 games per match and 9.3 games per set in 33 matches on hard courts this year.
- Ostapenko is 424-for-616 in service games (for a winning percentage of 68.8%) and 244-for-606 in return games (40.3%) on all surfaces.
- Ostapenko has a 65.7% winning percentage in service games on hard courts, and a 40.4% winning percentage in return games (249 of 379 service games, and 150 of 371 return games).
- Ostapenko’s 47.5% break point win percentage (239-for-503) ranks 163rd this year.
- Ostapenko has won 48.2% of break points on hard courts (147 out of 305, to rank 132nd).
Ostapenko Recent Performances
- Ostapenko beat No. 4-ranked Jessica Pegula 6-4, 6-2 on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals.
- In her most recent tournament (the Abierto Guadalajara), Ostapenko was beaten by Sofia Kenin 4-6, 5-7 on September 20, in the round of 16.
- Ostapenko averaged 19.5 games per match in Guadalajara in two matches.
- Ostapenko won 16 of 20 service games (80%) in Mexico along with five of 19 return games (26.3%).
- Samsonova has played 21.6 games per match in her 50 matches so far this year across all court surfaces.
- Samsonova has played 21.4 games per match in her 34 matches on hard courts so far this year.
- So far this year, Samsonova has won 30.2% of her return games and 74% of her service games.
- On hard courts, Samsonova has won 75.6% of her service games and 27.5% of her return games.
- Including all surfaces, Samsonova has converted 44.6% of her break-point chances (172 of 386).
- Samsonova has converted 111 of 244 break points on hard courts (45.5%), and is 148th in break points won.
Samsonova Recent Performances
- Samsonova defeated Marta Kostyuk 6-4, 6-7, 7-5 on Wednesday in the Round of 16.
- Samsonova was taken down by No. 21-ranked Ekaterina Alexandrova 4-6, 2-6 in the round of 16 of her most recent tournament, the WTA Tokyo, Japan Women Singles 2023, on September 26.
- Samsonova played two matches in Tokyo, and she averaged 16 games per match.
- Samsonova won 75% of her service games and 37.5% of her return games while playing in Japan.