Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Maria Sakkari vs. Karolina Muchova Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, August 17
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Karolina Muchova (-115)||Maria Sakkari (-105)|
Maria Sakkari (No. 8 ranking) will take on Karolina Muchova (No. 17) in the Round of 16 of the Western & Southern Open on Thursday, August 17.
Sakkari vs. Muchova Matchup History
- Muchova has beaten Sakkari every time they have played the past five years, winning all three head-to-head matches. On the most recent occasion, Muchova won 7-6, 7-5 in the Round of 128 of the French Open.
- Muchova has taken six sets against Sakkari (85.7%), while Sakkari has taken one.
- Muchova has won 47 games versus Sakkari (57.3%), while Sakkari has won 35.
- In three matchups between Sakkari and Muchova, they have averaged 27.3 games and 2.3 sets per match.
- This year across all court surfaces, Sakkari has played 39 total matches with a 52.9% game winning percentage. She averages 22.4 games per match and 9.4 games per set.
- Sakkari averages 23.5 games per match and 9.3 games per set through 23 matches on hard courts this year, with a 53.0% game winning percentage.
- Sakkari has a 71.3% service game winning percentage on all surfaces (311 service games won out of 436) and a 34.6% return game winning percentage (152 return games won out of 439).
- Sakkari has 190 wins in 268 service games while playing on hard courts (a winning percentage of 70.9%), and 97 wins in 273 return games (35.5%).
- Sakkari’s 41.8% break point win percentage (147-for-352) ranks 130th this year.
- Sakkari’s 94 break points won on 220 total break points on hard courts so far this year (42.7% winning percentage) ranks 96th.
Sakkari Recent Performances
- In the Round of 32 on Wednesday, Sakkari beat No. 31-ranked Sorana Cirstea, 2-6, 6-3, 7-5.
- Sakkari was defeated in the round of 32 of her most recent tournament (the National Bank Open) 4-6, 2-6 by No. 48-ranked Danielle Collins on August 9.
- In her one match in Montréal, Sakkari played an average of 18.0 games.
- While playing in Canada, Sakkari won 22.2% of her service games and 44.4% of her return games.
- In her 37 matches so far this year, Muchova has played an average of 23.3 games across all court surfaces.
- In her 23 matches on hard courts this year, Muchova has played an average of 22.5 games.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages this year, Muchova has won 71.5% of her games on serve, and 38.1% on return.
- Muchova has won 36.3% of her return games on hard courts, and 74.8% of her service games.
- Including all surfaces, Muchova has converted 46.6% of her break-point chances (146 of 313).
- Muchova has converted 83 of 175 break points on hard courts (47.4%), and is 104th in break points won.
Muchova Recent Performances
- In the Round of 32, Muchova was victorious 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 against Petra Martic on Wednesday.
- Muchova was beaten by Iga Swiatek (1-6, 6-4, 4-6) on August 10 in the round of 16s of the National Bank Open (her most recent tournament).
- Muchova played three matches in Montréal, and she averaged 23.3 games per match.
- Muchova won 76.5% of her service games (26 of 34) in Canada along with 30.6% of her return games (11 of 36).