Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Liudmila Samsonova vs. Tatjana Maria Match Information
- Tournament: The WTA Zhengzhou, China Women Singles 2023
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Monday, October 9
- Venue: Center Plains Tennis Center
- Location: Zhengzhou, China
- Court Surface: Hard
|Liudmila Samsonova (-400)||Tatjana Maria (+295)|
On Monday, Liudmila Samsonova (No. 16 in the world) takes on Tatjana Maria (No. 55) in the Round of 32 of the WTA Zhengzhou, China Women Singles 2023.
Samsonova vs. Maria Matchup History
- In the one match between Samsonova and Maria in the past five years, in the Round of 32 of the WTA Tokyo, Japan Women Singles 2023, Samsonova won 6-0, 6-2.
- Samsonova and Maria have played two sets against each other, with Samsonova winning two of them and Maria taking zero.
- Samsonova has taken 12 games against Maria (85.7%), while Maria has taken two.
- Samsonova and Maria have matched up one time, averaging 14 games and two sets per match.
- In her 53 matches played this year across all court surfaces, Samsonova is averaging 21.5 games per match while winning 53.0% of those games.
- In 37 matches on hard courts this year, Samsonova averages 21.1 games per match and 9.3 games per set with a 52.9% game winning percentage.
- Samsonova has compiled a service game winning percentage of 74.2% on all surfaces (439-for-592 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 30.1% (164-for-545 in return games).
- Samsonova is 312-for-412 in service games on hard courts (winning percentage of 75.7%) and 102-for-370 in return games (27.6%).
- Samsonova ranks 192nd in break point winning percentage (44.9%) after going 179-for-399 on break points.
- On hard courts, Samsonova ranks 163rd in break point winning percentage (45.9%) after going 118-for-257.
Samsonova Recent Performances
- In her previous tournament, the China Open, Samsonova lost in the final to No. 2-ranked Iga Swiatek, 2-6, 2-6 on October 8.
- In her two matches in Beijing, Samsonova played an average of 22.5 games.
- In China, Samsonova won 16 of 22 service games (72.7%) and 10 of 23 return games (43.5%).
- Through 47 matches this year, Maria has played 20.6 games per match and won 51.2% of them (across all court surfaces).
- Through 28 matches this year on hard courts, Maria has played 19.4 games per match and won 51.6% of them.
- So far this year, Maria has won 64.1% of her service games and 37.9% of her return games.
- On hard courts, Maria has won 63.2% of her service games and 39.5% of her return games.
- Maria has converted 174 of 357 break points overall (48.7%), and is 194th in break points won.
- Including hard courts only, Maria has converted 47.0% of her break-point chances (102 of 217).
Maria Recent Performances
- Maria was taken down by No. 5-ranked Elena Rybakina 5-7, 0-6 in the round of 32 of her most recent tournament, the China Open, on October 3.
- Maria participated in two matches in Beijing, averaging 20 games.
- Maria was victorious in 55% of her service games and 35% of her return games in Beijing.