Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Sloane Stephens vs. Elise Mertens Match Information
- Tournament: The San Diego Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Tuesday, September 12
- Venue: Barnes Tennis Center
- Location: San Diego, California
- Court Surface: Hard
|Elise Mertens (-130)||Sloane Stephens (+105)|
In the San Diego Open Round of 32 on Tuesday, No. 36-ranked Sloane Stephens takes on No. 29 Elise Mertens.
Stephens vs. Mertens Matchup History
- Stephens and Mertens have not matched up against one another in the past five years.
- This year across all court types, Stephens has competed in 36 total matches with a 50.5% game winning percentage. She averages 21.3 games per match and 9.3 games per set.
- Stephens averages 20.6 games per match and 9.4 games per set through 21 matches on hard courts this year.
- Stephens has a 62.5% service game winning percentage and a 38.5% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (240 service games won out of 384, and 147 return games won out of 382).
- Stephens has 128 wins in 218 service games when playing on hard courts (a winning percentage of 58.7%), and 77 wins in 214 return games (36.0%).
- Stephens has won 48.2% of her break points this year (144 out of 299, to rank 160th).
- On hard courts so far this year, Stephens is 75-for-168 on break points (44.6%) to rank 135th.
Stephens Recent Performances
- Stephens was eliminated in the round of 128 of her last tournament (the US Open) 2-6, 7-5, 4-6 by No. 19-ranked Beatriz Haddad Maia on August 28.
- There were 30 games, on average, in Stephens’ one match in New York.
- Stephens’ service-game winning percentage in United States was 60%, and she won 26.7% on her opponent’s serve.
- Mertens has played 21.7 games per match in her 38 matches this year across all court types.
- Mertens has played 26 matches on hard courts this year, and 21.3 games per match.
- So far this year, Mertens has won 40.2% of her return games and 62.9% of her service games.
- Mertens has won 64.2% of her service games on hard courts, and 36.4% of her return games.
- Mertens is 152nd in break points won on all surfaces, converting 150 of 331 (45.3%).
- Mertens has converted 88 of 210 break points on hard courts (41.9%), and is 124th in break points won.
Mertens Recent Performances
- Mertens lost to No. 6-ranked Coco Gauff 6-3, 3-6, 0-6 in the round of 32 of her most recent tournament, the US Open, on September 1.
- In her three matches in New York, Mertens averaged 28 games per match.
- Mertens’ service-game winning percentage was 65% in United States, and she was victorious in 34.1% of her games on her opponent’s serve.