Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Xinyu Wang vs. Himeno Sakatsume Match Information
- Tournament: The WTA Osaka, Japan Women Singles 2023
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, September 14
- Venue: Utsubo Tennis Center
- Location: Osaka, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Xinyu Wang (-340)||Himeno Sakatsume (+255)|
In the Round of 16 of the WTA Osaka, Japan Women Singles 2023 on Thursday, Xinyu Wang (ranked No. 39) takes on Himeno Sakatsume (No. 184).
Wang vs. Sakatsume Matchup History
- Wang and Sakatsume have not gone head to head against one another in the past five years.
- Wang is averaging 22 games per match in her 41 matches played this year (across all court surfaces), with a 51.7% game winning percentage.
- On hard courts, Wang has played 30 matches (averaging 23 games per match and 9.6 games per set).
- Including all surfaces, Wang’s service game winning percentage is 64.1% (winning 252 of 393 service games) and her return game winning percentage is 36.5% (earning a win in 146 of 400 return games).
- Wang has a 66.7% winning percentage in service games on hard courts, and a 36.9% winning percentage in return games (204 of 306 service games, and 114 of 309 return games).
- Wang has won 46.7% of her break points this year (140 out of 300, to rank 165th).
- On hard courts so far this year, Wang ranks 112th in break point win percentage (47.2%) after going 111-for-235.
Wang Recent Performances
- In the Round of 32, Wang won 7-6, 6-3 against Jil Teichmann on Tuesday.
- In her most recent tournament, the US Open, Wang fell in the round of 16 to No. 10-ranked Karolina Muchova, 3-6, 7-5, 1-6 on September 3.
- Wang averaged 26.3 games per match in New York in four matches.
- In United States, Wang won 34 of 53 service games (64.2%) and 22 of 52 return games (42.3%).
- Sakatsume has averaged 21.5 games per match in her 10 matches across all court types in the past year, winning 56.3% of the games.
- Through eight matches in the past 12 months on hard courts, Sakatsume has averaged 20.8 games per match and 9.2 games per set, winning 60.2% of the games.
- Sakatsume has a 67.2% winning percentage on serve and a 43.3% winning percentage on return in the past year, including all surfaces.
- Sakatsume has a 76.2% winning percentage in service games while playing on hard courts, and is at 48.8% in return games.
Sakatsume Recent Performances
- In the Round of 32, Sakatsume was victorious 6-0, 6-3 against Alexandra Eala on Tuesday.
- Sakatsume was defeated by Kaja Juvan (6-2, 6-7, 4-6) on August 26 in the qualification finals of the US Open (her most recent tournament).
- Sakatsume participated in three matches in New York, averaging 23.3 games.
- Sakatsume’s service-game winning percentage was 74.3% in United States, and she clinched 42.9% of her games on her opponent’s serve.