Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Venus Williams vs. Jelena Ostapenko Match Information
- Tournament: The Viking Classic Birmingham
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, June 22
- Venue: Edgbaston Priory Club
- Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Court Surface: Grass
|Jelena Ostapenko (-650)||Venus Williams (+450)|
In the Viking Classic Birmingham Round of 16 on Thursday, Venus Williams takes on No. 17 Jelena Ostapenko.
Williams vs. Ostapenko Matchup History
- Williams and Ostapenko have not matched up against one another in the past five years.
- Williams, over the past year, has played eight matches across all court surfaces, and 24.9 games per match.
- On grass, Williams has played two matches over the past 12 months, and she has totaled 33.0 games per match while winning 48.5% of games.
- Williams has won 26.3% of her return games and 61.0% of her service games over the past 12 months.
- On grass over the past year, Williams has claimed 69.7% of her service games and 27.3% of her return games.
Williams Recent Performances
- In the Round of 32, Williams won 7-6, 4-6, 7-6 against Camila Giorgi on Monday.
- In her previous tournament (the Libema Open), Williams lost to Celine Naef 6-3, 6-7, 2-6 on June 13, in the round of 32.
- In Rosmalen, Williams’ one match had 30.0 games on average.
- While playing in Netherlands, Williams won 68.8% of her service games and 21.4% of her return games.
- Ostapenko has played 29 matches so far this year, and 21.4 games per match across all court surfaces.
- Thus far this year, Ostapenko has won 39.9% of her return games and 68.5% of her service games.
- Ostapenko has converted 45.7% of her break-point chances overall (121 of 265).
Ostapenko Recent Performances
- Ostapenko is coming off a 6-2, 5-7, 6-1 victory over No. 49-ranked Linda Noskova in the Round of 32 on Tuesday.
- In the round of 64s of her previous tournament (the French Open), Ostapenko was defeated 3-6, 6-1, 2-6 by No. 69-ranked Peyton Stearns on May 31.
- In Ostapenko’s two matches in Paris, there was an average of 22.5 games per match.
- Ostapenko was victorious in 60.9% of her service games and 45.5% of her return games in Paris.