MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, April 15, 2023 at 2:15 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSMW
|Cardinals||-1.5 (+101)||O 8.5 (-123)||-200|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-119)||U 8.5 (+101)||+168|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Matz (L) PIT: Contreras (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The St. Louis Cardinals (6-8) are favorites (-200) on the moneyline when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (8-6) Saturday at 2:15 PM ET, live on BSMW. Steven Matz will get the ball for St. Louis while Pittsburgh will counter with Roansy Contreras.
Cardinals vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals rank 23rd in runs scored with 59, 4.2 per game.
- The Cardinals rank 12th in MLB action with 16 total home runs.
- St. Louis is fifth in MLB with a .276 batting average.
- The Cardinals are seventh in MLB with an on-base percentage of .344.
- St. Louis’ .424 slugging percentage ranks 11th in MLB.
- The Pirates are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 26th with just 56 total runs (4.0 per game) this season.
- Pittsburgh’s 17 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates’ .232 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .312 this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- The Pirates are 18th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .408 this season.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have compiled a 3-1 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 75% of those games).
- St. Louis has played as moneyline favorites of -200 or shorter in just one game this season, which it lost.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Cardinals a 66.7% chance to win.
- St. Louis has played in four games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total one time (1-3-0).
- The Cardinals have gone 3-1-0 ATS this season.
- The Pirates have entered the game as underdogs four times this season and won twice.
- Pittsburgh has played as an underdog of +168 or more once this season and won that game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 37.3% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- So far this season, Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in one of its four games with a total.
- The Pirates have an ATS record of 2-2-0 in four games with a spread this season.
|Steven Matz (STL)||Pitcher||Roansy Contreras (PIT)|
|0 – 2||W/L||1 – 1|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Nolan Arenado is batting .357 with 13 RBI, both of which are tops among St. Louis hitters this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Arenado is 12th in batting average, 27th in on-base percentage, and 56th in slugging.
- Arenado will look to extend his four-game hitting streak. He’s batting .368 with one homer over the course of his last five outings.
- Nolan Gorman’s four home runs are most among St. Louis batters. He’s driven in 12 runs this season while slugging .692.
- Gorman ranks 11th in homers and 16th in RBI this season.
- Paul Goldschmidt has collected 17 base hits, an OBP of .460 and a slugging percentage of .490 this season.
- Brendan Donovan has 12 hits and an OBP of .286 to go with a slugging percentage of .392 this season.
- Donovan is batting .238 in his last five outings. He also comes into Saturday’s game looking to extend his three-game hitting streak.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates in home runs (five), runs batted in (14) and has put up a team-high batting average of .333.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Reynolds’ home run total puts him fifth, and his RBI total ranks sixth.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .316 with three doubles, a home run and 10 walks.
- McCutchen is 133rd in home runs and 179th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- McCutchen heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .214 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
- Carlos Santana is batting .250 with five doubles, two home runs and six walks.
- Santana brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .235 with four doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Ji-Hwan Bae is hitting .238 with two doubles, two home runs and three walks.
- Bae has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!