MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSKC
|Pitching Probables: DET: Rodríguez (L) KC: Mayers (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Tigers vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Kansas City Royals (14-35) will try to end their four-game losing streak when they host the Detroit Tigers (21-24) on Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET on BSKC. Bookmakers consider the Tigers to be -153 favorites for the contest, while the Royals are +130 underdogs looking for the upset. Eduardo Rodriguez gets the starting nod for Detroit while Mike Mayers is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Tigers vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Tigers score the fewest runs in baseball (165 total, 3.7 per game).
- The Tigers are fifth-worst in MLB action with 38 home runs.
- Detroit has the fifth-worst batting average in MLB (.228).
- The Tigers are 28th in baseball with a .298 on-base percentage.
- Detroit has the second-lowest slugging percentage in MLB (.351).
- The Royals have scored the 25th-most runs in the league this season with 190 (3.9 per game).
- Kansas City’s 49 home runs rank 22nd in Major League Baseball.
- The Royals have a team batting average of just .227 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- Kansas City has an OBP of just .290 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- The Royals rank 23rd in the majors with a .382 team slugging percentage.
Tigers vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Tigers have a 2-1 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 66.7% of those games).
- Detroit has played as moneyline favorites of -153 or shorter in just one game this season, which it lost.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Tigers have an implied win probability of 60.5%.
- In the 37 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Detroit, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 18 times (18-19-0).
- The Tigers have a 22-13-0 record ATS this season (covering 62.9% of the time).
- This season, the Royals have won 10 out of the 32 games, or 31.2%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Kansas City has entered 23 games this season as the underdog by +130 or more and is 5-18 in those contests.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 43.5% chance of a victory for the Royals.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the total in 17 of its 34 chances.
- The Royals are 16-20-0 against the spread in their 36 chances this season.
|Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)||Pitcher||Mike Mayers (KC)|
|4 – 3||W/L||0 – 0|
Tigers Key Hitters
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in runs batted in with 22 while batting .238.
- Among all hitters in Major League Baseball, Baez’s home run total places him 189th and his RBI tally places him 85th.
- Spencer Torkelson is batting .235 with an OBP of .301 and a slugging percentage of .367 this season.
- Torkelson ranks 145th in home runs and 95th in RBI this season.
- Riley Greene is batting .286 to lead Detroit, while adding four homers and 16 runs batted in this season.
- Zach McKinstry has collected 28 hits this season and has an OBP of .375. He’s slugging .412 on the year.
- McKinstry is batting .286 with one homer during his last five games. He also comes into Tuesday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Royals Key Hitters
- Vinnie Pasquantino is batting .256 with 13 doubles, nine home runs and 21 walks.
- Pasquantino is 33rd in homers and 68th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Salvador Perez’s 11 home runs, 27 runs batted in and .279 batting average all lead his team.
- Perez ranks 14th in homers and 39th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Bobby Witt Jr. is hitting .221 with seven doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 11 walks.
- Edward Olivares is batting .227 with six doubles, two triples, three home runs and nine walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!