MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 15, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
|Astros||-1.5 (+116)||O 7.5 (-119)||-185|
|Cubs||+1.5 (-136)||U 7.5 (-106)||+156|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Valdez (L) CHC: Taillon (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (21-19), led by Yordan Alvarez on an 11-game hitting streak, will meet the Chicago Cubs (19-21) Monday at Minute Maid Park. The Astros are -185 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 8:10 PM ET on SportsNet SW. Houston’s Framber Valdez and Chicago’s Jameson Taillon have been named the starters for this contest.
Astros vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros have the No. 22 offense in MLB play scoring 4.3 runs per game (171 total runs).
- The Astros are 25th in MLB play with 35 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- Houston’s .238 batting average ranks 20th in the majors.
- The Astros are 23rd in baseball with a .307 on-base percentage.
- Houston has the fourth-lowest slugging percentage in MLB (.365).
- The Cubs have scored 193 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- Chicago has hit 48 homers this season, which ranks 12th in the majors.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .266 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .340 this season, which ranks second in baseball.
- The Cubs rank eighth in the majors with a .425 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros have put together a 7-10 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 41.2% of those games).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -185 or shorter, Houston has a record of 1-2 (33.3%).
- The Astros have an implied moneyline win probability of 64.9% in this game.
- In the 29 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Houston, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 12 times (12-17-0).
- The Astros have a 13-14-0 record ATS this season (covering 48.1% of the time).
- This season, the Cubs have won six out of the 14 games, or 42.9%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Chicago has played as an underdog of +156 or more once this season and won that game.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cubs have a 39.1% chance to win.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 12 of its 27 chances.
- The Cubs are 17-13-0 ATS in their 30 games with a spread this season.
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Jameson Taillon (CHC)|
|3 – 4||W/L||0 – 2|
Astros Key Hitters
- Alvarez is batting .288 this season with a team-high nine home runs and 37 RBI.
- Of all MLB batters, Alvarez ranks 34th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage, and sixth in slugging.
- Alvarez is batting .316 with two homers during his last five games and is on an 11-game hitting streak.
- Kyle Tucker has collected 38 hits this season and has an OBP of .358. He’s slugging .443 on the year.
- Of all MLB hitters, Tucker is 62nd in home runs and 24th in RBI.
- Tucker enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .278 over the course of his last five games.
- Alex Bregman has 31 hits this season and a slash line of .204/.320/.322.
- Bregman enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .200 over the course of his last five outings.
- Jeremy Pena has 39 hits and an OBP of .303 to go with a slugging percentage of .431 this season.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Cody Bellinger is hitting .270 with nine doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 14 walks.
- In all of the majors, Bellinger ranks 38th in home runs and 65th in RBI.
- Ian Happ has a club-best .303 batting average.
- Happ ranks 118th overall in homers and 89th in RBI this year.
- Patrick Wisdom has a team-best 12 home runs and 23 runs batted in.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .275 with 11 doubles, three home runs and 26 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!