MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet SW
|Astros||-1.5 (-178)||O 8.5 (-140)||-112|
|Blue Jays||+1.5 (+151)||U 8.5 (+115)||-104|
|Pitching Probables: HOU: Urquidy (R) TOR: Bassitt (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Astros vs. Blue Jays, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Houston Astros (8-9) are favored on the moneyline (-112) in Tuesday’s contest versus the Toronto Blue Jays (10-7). Game time is at 8:10 PM ET on SportsNet SW. The Blue Jays, with +151 odds, are favored against the spread (1.5). Jose Urquidy gets the starting nod for Houston while Chris Bassitt is Toronto’s starter for the contest.
Astros vs. Blue Jays 2023 Key Stats
- The Astros score the seventh-most runs in baseball (86 total, 5.1 per game).
- The Astros average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 14th in MLB action with 18 total home runs.
- Houston’s .251 batting average ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Astros are 11th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .335.
- Houston’s .390 slugging percentage is 20th in baseball.
- The Blue Jays have scored the 11th-most runs in the league this season with 82 (4.8 per game).
- Toronto’s 18 home runs rank 14th in Major League Baseball.
- The Blue Jays have a team batting average of .271 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- Toronto has an OBP of .340 this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- The Blue Jays rank 14th in the majors with a .407 team slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Blue Jays Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Astros are 2-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 40% of those games).
- Houston has gone 2-3 (winning 40% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -112 or shorter.
- The Astros have a 52.8% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Houston has had an over/under set by oddsmakers six times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in four of those games (4-2-0).
- The Astros are 3-3-0 ATS this season.
- The Blue Jays have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Toronto has played as an underdog of -104 or more twice this season and split those games.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 51% chance of a victory for the Blue Jays.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in four of its eight chances.
- In eight games with a spread this season, the Blue Jays are 4-4-0 ATS.
|Jose Urquidy (HOU)||Pitcher||Chris Bassitt (TOR)|
|1 – 0||W/L||1 – 2|
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker is batting .304 this season with a team-high four home runs.
- Among all MLB batters, Tucker is 47th in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and 26th in slugging.
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs (four) and runs batted in (20) this season while batting .273.
- Alvarez is 13th in home runs and first in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Alex Bregman has collected 13 base hits, an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .303 this season.
- Jeremy Pena has collected 15 hits this season and has an OBP of .289. He’s slugging .391 on the year.
Blue Jays Key Hitters
- Matt Chapman paces the Blue Jays with four home runs and 16 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-high batting average of .410.
- Chapman ranks 13th in home runs and seventh in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Bo Bichette’s four home runs are a team-high mark.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bichette is 13th in homers and 35th in RBI.
- Bichette has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .500 with two doubles and two RBI.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is batting .364 with a double, two home runs and nine walks.
- George Springer is hitting .232 with three home runs and seven walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!