MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: BSSUN
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-196)||–||+103|
|Pitching Probables: TB: Bradley (R) BOS: Sale (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Rays vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Led by Brandon Lowe (four-game homer streak), the Tampa Bay Rays (11-0) are favorites versus the Boston Red Sox (5-6) Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET. Oddsmakers have named the Rays as -120 favorites for the game, which airs on BSSUN. Taj Bradley starts for Tampa Bay while Chris Sale is Boston’s starter for the contest.
Rays vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Rays have the most productive offense in baseball scoring 7.5 runs per game (83 total runs).
- The Tampa Bay Rays average 2.6 home runs per game and have hit a league-high 29 home runs in total.
- Tampa Bay’s .283 batting average is fifth-best in the majors.
- The Tampa Bay Rays lead the league with a .365 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay leads MLB with a .580 slugging percentage this season, racking up 50 extra-base hits.
- The Red Sox have scored the sixth-most runs in the league this season with 61.
- Boston’s 15 home runs rank eighth in Major League Baseball.
- The Red Sox rank 21st in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- Boston has an on-base percentage of .323 this season, which ranks 17th in the majors.
- Fueled by 36 extra-base hits, the Red Sox rank 15th in MLB with a .421 slugging percentage this season.
Rays vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Rays have been listed as the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Tampa Bay has played as moneyline favorites of -120 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Rays have an implied win probability of 54.5%.
- Bookmakers have set a total for only one of Tampa Bay’s games yet this season. It went over the total.
- The Rays have had a spread set for just one outing this season, and they covered.
- The Red Sox lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
- Boston has played as an underdog of +103 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The Red Sox have a 49.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over in both tries this season.
- The Red Sox have played two games with a spread this season and split those games 1-1 ATS.
|Taj Bradley (TB)||Pitcher||Chris Sale (BOS)|
|0 – 0||W/L||1 – 0|
Rays Key Hitters
- Wander Franco leads Tampa Bay with four home runs this season. He’s batting .311 with 10 RBI.
- Among hitters in baseball, Franco is fifth in home runs and 15th in RBI.
- Randy Arozarena is a key run producer for Tampa Bay with a .326 average, two homers and 11 RBI.
- Arozarena is 49th in home runs and eighth in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Lowe leads Tampa Bay in home runs with four. He’s driven in 10 runs and is slugging .786.
- Lowe is batting .321 with four homers during his last nine games while also on a five-game hitting streak.
- Yandy Diaz is batting .303 with an OBP of .425 and a slugging percentage of .606 this season.
- Diaz enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five outings he’s hitting .263 with one homer.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Rafael Devers has a team-best four home runs.
- Devers’ home run total ranks fifth in the big leagues, and he is 23rd in RBI.
- Masataka Yoshida is hitting .216 with a double, a home run and seven walks.
- Yoshida ranks 111th in homers and 73rd in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Alex Verdugo has a double, a triple, a home run and three walks while batting .318.
- Justin Turner is hitting .205 with a double and eight walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!