MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSOH
|Cardinals||-1.5 (-103)||O 10.5 (-106)||-158|
|Reds||+1.5 (-113)||U 10.5 (-119)||+134|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Matz (L) CIN: Lively (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Following a two-homer game last time out, Paul Goldschmidt leads the St. Louis Cardinals (22-28) into action as -158 favorites against the Cincinnati Reds (20-28). First pitch from Great American Ball Park at 6:40 PM ET on Wednesday, live on BSOH. St. Louis’ Steven Matz and Cincinnati’s Ben Lively have been named the starters for this contest.
Cardinals vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals score the fifth-most runs in baseball (258 total, 5.2 per game).
- The Cardinals rank fifth-best in MLB action with 70 total home runs.
- St. Louis is seventh in MLB with a .262 batting average.
- The Cardinals rank fourth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .335.
- St. Louis’ .442 slugging percentage is fifth-best in baseball.
- The Reds rank 21st in the majors with 206 total runs scored this season.
- Cincinnati ranks 28th in Major League Baseball with just 37 home runs as a team.
- The Reds have a team batting average of .244 this season, which ranks 16th among MLB teams.
- Cincinnati has an OBP of .323 this season, which ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Reds rank 27th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .374 this season.
Cardinals vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have won 11 of the 22 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (50%).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -158 or shorter, St. Louis has a record of 6-7 (46.2%).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Cardinals a 61.2% chance to win.
- In the 35 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for St. Louis, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 20 times (20-15-0).
- The Cardinals have covered 47.5% of their games this season, going 19-21-0 ATS.
- This season, the Reds have been the underdog 30 times and won 12, or 40%, of those games.
- Cincinnati has entered 14 games this season as the underdog by +134 or more and is 5-9 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 42.7% chance of a victory for the Reds.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 19 of its 37 opportunities.
- The Reds are 20-18-0 against the spread this season.
|Steven Matz (STL)||Pitcher||Ben Lively (CIN)|
|0 – 5||W/L||1 – 2|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Goldschmidt has been key for St. Louis with nine home runs, 25 RBI and a batting average of .293 this season.
- Among batters in MLB, Goldschmidt is 35th in home runs and 57th in RBI.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis in home runs with 13, runs batted in with 39 and a batting average of .297.
- Gorman is fifth in homers and fifth in RBI in the bigs.
- Gorman has a batting average of .381 with three homers in his last five games and is working on a 13-game hit streak.
- Nolan Arenado has collected 52 base hits, an OBP of .311 and a slugging percentage of .443 this season.
- Tommy Edman has 43 hits and an OBP of .337 to go with a slugging percentage of .490 this season.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India paces the Reds with a .285 batting average.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, India’s home run total puts him 192nd, and his RBI total ranks 136th.
- Jake Fraley’s 33 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Fraley is 113th overall in home runs and 16th in RBI this year.
- Spencer Steer paces the Reds with six home runs.
- Steer has hit safely in six straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .275 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Nick Senzel is batting .254 with six doubles, four home runs and 12 walks.
- Senzel brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .150 with a double and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!