NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Where: New York City, New York
- Venue: Madison Square Garden
- Line: Marquette -6.5
- Point Total: 161.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Marquette -285, St. John’s (NY) +223
The No. 1 seed Marquette Golden Eagles (25-6, 17-3 Big East) will square off in the Big East Tournament against the No. 8 seed St. John’s (NY) Red Storm (18-14, 7-13 Big East) on Thursday at Madison Square Garden, tipping off at 12:00 PM.
Marquette vs. St. John’s (NY) Key Stats
- Marquette has played two games with more than 161.5 points scored, its current matchup’s over/under, this year.
- This year, four of the Red Storm’s 10 total matchups have gone over 161.5 total points scored.
- The two teams average a combined 2.9 fewer points per game (158.6) than this game’s total of 161.5 points.
- Marquette and St. John’s (NY) have seen their opponents average a combined 14.9 fewer points per game than the over/under of 161.5 set in this game.
- The Golden Eagles’ average point total in outings this year is 152.3, 9.2 points fewer than the total in this game.
- The average total for St. John’s (NY)’s games this year is 8.7 fewer points than the point total of 161.5 in this outing.
|Golden Eagles||Red Storm|
Marquette vs. St. John’s (NY) Betting The Spread & Over/Under
- This season, Marquette has been listed as the favorite in eight games and won them all.
- Marquette has put together a 5-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- Marquette is 4-2 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Marquette’s games have gone over the total five times this season.
- St. John’s (NY) has come away with one win in the five contests it has been listed as the underdog this season.
- St. John’s (NY) is 4-6-0 against the spread this season.
- In games it has played as 6.5-point underdogs or more, St. John’s (NY) has an ATS record of 2-3.
- This season, six of St. John’s (NY)’s games have gone over the point total.
- Spread Prediction:
- Over/Under Prediction:
Marquette Key Players
- Tyler Kolek paces his squad in assists per game (7.9), and also puts up 12.7 points and 3.9 rebounds. At the other end, he posts 1.8 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Oso Ighodaro is tops on his squad in rebounds per game (5.8), and also puts up 11.9 points and 3.3 assists. At the other end, he delivers 1 steal and 1.5 blocked shots.
- Kam Jones posts 15.3 points and 1.9 assists per game — both team highs. He is also posting 3.4 rebounds, shooting 47.1% from the field and 36.7% from downtown with 2.8 made 3-pointers per game.
- Olivier-Maxence Prosper puts up 12.5 points, 4.8 rebounds and 0.7 assists per contest, shooting 52.2% from the field and 34.4% from beyond the arc with 1 made 3-pointers per game.
- David Joplin averages 9.2 points, 3.4 rebounds and 0.8 assists per contest, shooting 42.1% from the field and 38.4% from beyond the arc with 1.8 made 3-pointers per game.
St. John’s (NY) Key Players
- Joel Soriano is the Red Storm’s top scorer (15.3 points per game) and rebounder (11.9, fifth in college basketball), and produces 1.3 assists.
- David Jones is putting up 13.1 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.6 assists per contest, making 40.2% of his shots from the field and 29.7% from beyond the arc, with 1.4 treys per contest.
- Posh Alexander leads the Red Storm in assists (4.3 per game), and produces 10.3 points and 3.9 rebounds. He also posts 2 steals and 0.1 blocked shots.
- Dylan Addae-Wusu is posting 9.1 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game, making 42% of his shots from the field and 36.3% from beyond the arc, with 1.3 treys per game.
- Andre Curbelo is posting a team-best 4.3 assists per contest. And he is delivering 9.6 points and 2.8 rebounds, making 42.4% of his shots from the floor.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!