NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Atlanta, Georgia
- Venue: Center Parc Stadium
|Georgia State||-1.5 (-109)||O 51.5 (-113)||-123|
|Troy||+1.5 (-111)||U 51.5 (-112)||+101|
Two of the country’s toughest rushing defenses square off when the Georgia State Panthers (4-0) carry college football’s 23rd-ranked rushing D into a contest versus the Troy Trojans (2-2), featuring the No. 24 unit, on Saturday, September 30, 2023. The Panthers are only 1.5-point favorites. The predicted point total for the game is 51.5.
In their most recent game, the Panthers won 30-17 over the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers. The Trojans are coming off of a victory over the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers by the score of 27-24.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for the upcoming game ahead—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Georgia State vs. Troy Key Stats
- Georgia State has scored 37.0 points per game this season, 9.0 more than Troy has given up.
- When it goes over what Troy gives up this season (28.0 points per game), Georgia State is 4-0 and 1-0 against the spread.
- When Troy limits opposing offenses to less than 37.0 points, it is 2-1 overall and 0-2 against the spread.
- Troy racks up 25.5 points per game, comparable to the 22.8 Georgia State gives up.
- When Troy puts up more than 22.8 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- This year Georgia State is 1-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when it holds opponents to fewer than 25.5 points.
Here are some more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||439.8 (42)||416.8 (55)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||401.0 (93)||303.8 (30)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||191.3 (38)||143.0 (81)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||248.5 (55)||273.8 (38)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||2 (3)||10 (121)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (33)||4 (97)|
Georgia State vs. Troy Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Together, the two teams combine for 62.5 points per game, 11.0 points more than the total of 51.5 for this contest.
- The 50.8 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 0.7 fewer than the 51.5 total in this contest.
- Georgia State has compiled a perfect 1-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- Troy has compiled a 0-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- Georgia State has covered the spread when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- Troy has not covered the spread this year (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s grab a peek at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Georgia State Statistical Leaders
- This season Darren Grainger has compiled 994 yards through the air (248.5 yards per game) while completing 69.5% of his passes, with seven touchdowns and zero interceptions. He also has 263 yards on the ground on 47 carries (plus three scores), averaging 65.8 YPG.
- Marcus Carroll has racked up a team-high 508 rushing yards (127.0 per game) plus eight touchdowns.
- Robert Lewis has 20 catches (27 targets) and paces his team with 386 receiving yards (96.5 ypg) and five touchdowns.
- Tailique Williams has 12 catches for 249 yards (62.3 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jacari Carter has 124 receiving yards on 14 receptions (17 targets), averaging 31.0 yards per game.
- This season Kevin Swint leads the team with 2.0 sacks and has added 3.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Jontrey Hunter has totaled 28 tackles and 1.0 TFL to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Gavin Pringle has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 14 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two passes defended in four games this season.
Troy Statistical Leaders
- This season Gunnar Watson has racked up 1,046 passing yards (261.5 per game) while going 78-for-135 (57.8%) and throwing for eight touchdowns with three interceptions.
- Kimani Vidal has 80 attempts for a team-high 514 rushing yards (128.5 per game) and two touchdowns. He also has seven catches for 117 receiving yards .
- So far this year Jarris Williams has run for 48 yards on nine carries (12.0 yards per game), with one touchdown.
- This year Chris Lewis has 12 catches and leads the team with 244 yards (61.0 per game) while hauling in two touchdowns.
- Devonte Ross has hauled in 15 catches for 175 yards (43.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jabre Barber has 174 receiving yards on 14 receptions (29 targets), with two touchdowns.
- This season Javon Solomon leads the team with 2.5 sacks and has added 2.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
- Jayden McDonald’s 17 tackles and 2.0 TFL mean he’s the team’s tackle leader.
- In terms of picks, Reddy Steward leads the team with two interceptions this season and has added 14 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!