NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Amherst, Massachusetts
- Venue: Warren McGuirk Alumni Stadium
|UMass||-1.5 (-106)||O 55.5 (-109)||-119|
|Arkansas State||+1.5 (-114)||U 55.5 (-116)||-103|
The UMass Minutemen (1-4) are considered favorites (-1.5) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game against the Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-2) on September 30, 2023, starting at 3:30 PM ET, airing on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 55.5 points.
The Minutemen enter the matchup after losing 34-31 to the New Mexico Lobos in their last outing on September 23. The Red Wolves’ last game was a 44-37 win over the Southern Miss Golden Eagles.
We’ve collected all the details you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
UMass vs. Arkansas State Key Stats
- Arkansas State has allowed an average of 38.5 points per game, 12.3 more than the 26.2 UMass has scored.
- Arkansas State averages 19.5 points per game, 17.1 fewer than UMass surrenders (36.6).
Here are a few more need-to-know numbers from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||391.0 (17)||337.0 (103)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||419.0 (128)||447.8 (117)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||144.0 (79)||162.3 (60)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||247.0 (57)||174.8 (112)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||8 (105)||6 (69)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||7 (33)||2 (119)|
UMass vs. Arkansas State Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- UMass averages 26.2 points per game against Arkansas State’s 19.5, amounting to 9.8 points under the matchup’s total of 55.5.
- This game’s point total is 19.6 fewer points than the 75.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2023.
- UMass has covered once in two chances against the spread this season.
- Arkansas State has compiled a 0-1-0 record against the spread this year.
- UMass has been favored by 1.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Arkansas State has not covered the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this year (in one opportunity).
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
UMass Statistical Leaders
- Carlos Davis has passed for 886 yards (62-for-101), with six touchdowns and three interceptions (177.2 YPG).
- Kay’Ron Adams has taken 97 attempts for a team-high 463 rushing yards (92.6 per game) and four touchdowns.
- So far this season Taisun Phommachanh has rushed for 130 yards (26.0 per game), with two touchdowns.
- Anthony Simpson has been targeted 33 times and has 19 catches, leading his team with 393 yards (78.6 ypg) while hauling in two touchdowns.
- George Johnson has also added 15 receptions (on 27 targets) for 168 yards, scoring one touchdown.
- Mark Pope has caught 10 passes on 17 targets for 167 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Billy Wooden has team-high numbers in both sacks and tackles, collecting 4.0 sacks, 4.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Dashaun Jerkins has a team-high one interception and has tacked on seven tackles and two passes defended in five games this season.
Arkansas State Statistical Leaders
- Ja’Quez Cross has taken 38 attempts for a team-leading 289 rushing yards (72.3 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Courtney Jackson has 10 catches (15 targets) and paces his team with 199 receiving yards (49.8 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Corey Rucker’s stat line this year reveals eight catches for 123 yards. He averages 30.8 receiving yards per game.
- Jeff Foreman has 119 receiving yards on four receptions (13 targets), with one touchdown.
- Tim Hardiman has notched a team-leading 1.5 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and seven tackles.
- Melique Straker leads the team in both tackles and interceptions, totaling 20 tackles and one interception over the current campaign.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!