NCAA betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Spread, Moneyline and Over/Under
- Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- City: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Rice Stadium
|Rice||-2.5 (-120)||O 48.5 (-109)||-147|
|East Carolina||+2.5 (-101)||U 48.5 (-116)||+120|
The Rice Owls (2-2) and East Carolina Pirates (1-3) will face off in a battle of two conference rivals. The Owls are slim favorites (-2.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 48.5.
The Owls were defeated by the South Florida Bulls 42-29 in their last outing. Last time out, the Pirates won 44-0 over the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs.
We’ve compiled all the info you need for this game below—from betting trends to key stats and more.
Rice vs. East Carolina Key Stats
- Rice has averaged 9.3 more points scored this season (35.3) than East Carolina has allowed (26.0).
- Rice is 2-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread when it scores more than 26.0 points.
- When East Carolina limits opposing offenses to fewer than 35.3 points, it is 1-2 overall and 0-1 against the spread.
- East Carolina puts up 9.8 fewer points per game (22.0) than Rice surrenders (31.8).
Here are some more important stats from this season:
|Off. Yards Avg. (Rank)||405.8 (65)||277.5 (127)|
|Def. Yards Avg. (Rank)||419.3 (107)||341.5 (57)|
|Rush Yards Avg. (Rank)||82.0 (125)||127.5 (98)|
|Pass Yards Avg. (Rank)||323.8 (12)||150.0 (121)|
|Turnovers (Rank)||5 (50)||7 (88)|
|Takeaways (Rank)||4 (97)||8 (18)|
Rice vs. East Carolina Betting the Spread & Over/Under
- Rice averages 35.3 points per game against East Carolina’s 22.0, amounting to 8.8 points over the matchup’s total of 48.5.
- This game’s over/under is 9.3 fewer points than the 57.8 these two teams combine to allow per game.
- Rice has won two games against the spread this season.
- East Carolina has not won against the spread this year in two games with a spread.
- Rice has been favored by 2.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- East Carolina has been an underdog by 2.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Spread Prediction: NA
- Over/Under Prediction: NA
Let’s take a glance at how both teams have matched up against the spread, over/under, and moneyline this season:
|ATS Record||Over/Under/Push||ML Favorite Record||ML Underdog Record|
Rice Statistical Leaders
- JT Daniels has accumulated 1,237 passing yards (309.3 per game) while connecting on 80 of 125 throws (64%), with 11 touchdowns and three interceptions.
- Dean Connors has churned out a team-high 139 rushing yards (34.8 YPG) and scored one touchdown. He has added 16 catches for 194 yards with two receiving touchdowns.
- Juma Otoviano has 65 rushing yards on 30 attempts. He also has five catches for 64 yards .
- Luke McCaffrey has grabbed 20 passes for a team best 370 yards and four touchdowns. He averages 92.5 receiving yards per game.
- Braylen Walker has 178 receiving yards on eight receptions (12 targets), with two touchdowns, averaging 44.5 yards per game.
- De’Braylon Carroll has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 1.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Over the course of the current campaign, Plae Wyatt has racked up 24 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack and leads the team in tackles.
- This season Tre’Shon Devones leads the team with one interception and has added 11 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
East Carolina Statistical Leaders
- Alex Flinn has passed for 365 yards (34-of-68), with one touchdown and four interceptions (91.3 yards per game).
- Mason Garcia has rushed for a team-leading 178 yards on 32 attempts (44.5 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- So far this year Rahjai Harris has run for 171 yards on 42 carries (42.8 yards per game), with three touchdowns.
- Jaylen Johnson has 16 catches (27 targets) and paces his team with 178 receiving yards (44.5 per game).
- Jsi Hatfield has chipped in with nine receptions (on 19 targets) for 128 yards.
- Jhari Patterson has collected 75 yards on nine receptions, averaging 18.8 yards per game.
- Jeremy Lewis has 1.0 sack to lead the team, and has also added 2.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Julius Wood has totaled 29 tackles and 1.0 TFL to lead the team in tackles so far.
- Antoine Jackson has a team-high one interception and has tacked on three tackles and one pass defended in four games this season.
ClutchBet is Iowa and Colorado’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa or Colorado team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!